Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tea and Biscuits - Breakfast Tea for one




Side note - If you are anything like me, you generally eat breakfast either alone, or in the mists of everyone else rushing around. While this post is entitled, "Breakfast Tea for One", it can easily be transformed into tea for two or more! Just bring out a few more tea cups, and make a bigger pot of tea!! :-)

Breakfast for one - Tea and Biscuits.




Breakfast with homemade biscuits sounds so delightful to me!
Simply make the biscuits, and add the topping of your choice. (These biscuits look like they have vanilla pudding, with strawberry jam on top! Yum! :-)).
Rolled out biscuits, as apposed to drop biscuits, tend to be more elegant, and personally I like them better. :-)
After making your biscuits, make sure to choose a beautiful plate to put them on! Just because you are eating alone, doesn't mean you can't have beauty! Seeing a yummy breakfast placed on a beautiful plate can cheer the whole morning up! :-)

Note - For a healthier choice use whole-wheat flour in your biscuits, and all-fruit jam or jelly! :-)
Although I have never tried this recipe, these biscuits look delicious!! ( http://www.joyofbaking.com/Biscuits.html ). Let me know if you try them and like them!
Make sure not to make too many if you are just baking for you! But, I'm sure your family would love some fresh biscuits, so don't make to few in that case! ;-)

And, of course, the day wouldn't be perfect unless you started it out with a cup of breakfast tea! Today, try English Breakfast Tea! :-)

If it is just you having tea, try using one of these pretty tea-for-one sets!





Enjoy your day! :-)

"My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up." Psalm 5:3

2 comments:

  1. Those biscuits do look good!!!!! *sigh* They're tempting even for me, the-breakfast-hater! :D I can't wait to see more of your posts, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes for breakfast I'll take leftover biscuits from the night before (If someone made them for supper), reheat them in the microwave, and top them with strawberry or raspberry jam, and whipped cream! Much like the picture here. :D Tea makes it all the more better and more "British" feeling. ;D

    ReplyDelete